Summary of Job profile and responsibilities:
The Assistant – Home gardening / small scale livestock shall assist the Livelihood Project Officer in the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Livelihood Enhancement to Alleviate Poverty (LEAP) Project for Trandas Community. The person will be responsible for identifying, implementing, and monitoring and evaluation of appropriate technologies, i.e. home gardening, small scale livestock production to improve the livelihoods of the families in Trandas, Aceh Singkil. He/she shall also provide technical assistance to partners and beneficiaries in group development and training.
1. BA of Agriculture or equivalent proven experience
2. At least 2 years experience in community development work involved in agriculture/ focused on Home gardening (crops, vegetables, fruits and livestock) production, working experience with an NGO will be an asset
3. Experience in networking and collaboration with government and non-government organizations
4. Experience in community facilitation and training of beneficiaries is an advantage;
5. Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
6. Able to contribute positively to team dynamics
7. Must be able to work well independently and demonstrate initiative, under pressure, and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements;
8. Able to write and communicate in English
9. Computer literate (MS word, powerpoint, excel) and using internet facilities;
10. Possess good patience and good moral character
Location of work : Singkil, Aceh Singkil, NAD
Duration of appointment : 1 year with possibility of extension depending on work performance and availability of resources.
Interested candidates are invites to submit their applications via email to : recruitment. caritas@gmail. com
or by post to :Caritas Switzerland Singkil , Jl. Bahari No. 128, Desa Pulo Sarok, Singkil, Aceh Singkil 23785, NAD.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.